Connect with us

Uncategorized

Solskjaer sends message to Manchester United academy players after loss to QPR

Published

on


Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was impressed by the performances of the club’s youngsters in Saturday afternoon’s defeat by Queens Park Rangers.

United were defeated 4-2 by the Championship outfit with three of QPR’s’ goals coming in the second half when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had put on a youthful side made up entirely of academy graduates barring senior figures Lee Grant and Juan Mata.

While, the team showed their inexperience and were duly exploited by QPR, there was a lot to admire from the performance, with Solskjaer keen to focus on the positives despite the shock defeat.

“You’re never happy when you concede goals but [it was] a good exercise again, good learning for some of the young ones,” Solskjaer told MUTV after the game.

Hannibal played for United at QPR (Image: 2021 AMA Sports Photo Agency)

Get the latest United transfer window updates, pre-season news and analysis delivered straight to your inbox every day for freeSubscribeWe use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time.More info

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was impressed by the performances of the club’s youngsters in Saturday afternoon’s defeat by Queens Park Rangers.

United were defeated 4-2 by the Championship outfit with three of QPR’s’ goals coming in the second half when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had put on a youthful side made up entirely of academy graduates barring senior figures Lee Grant and Juan Mata.

While, the team showed their inexperience and were duly exploited by QPR, there was a lot to admire from the performance, with Solskjaer keen to focus on the positives despite the shock defeat.

“You’re never happy when you concede goals but [it was] a good exercise again, good learning for some of the young ones,” Solskjaer told MUTV after the game.

RELATED ARTICLES

“It’s a check where we are, and a test where we are for the older and more experienced ones as well.

“Towards the end, I enjoyed the football the kids played. They conceded a few goals and could have crumbled but they got hold of the ball and scored a very good goal.”

Anthony Elanga, who scored against Wolves in United’s final Premier League game of last season, particularly caught the eye and found the back of the net once again with a stellar finish.The likes of Hannibal Mejbri and Shola Shoretire also gave good accounts of themselves. And with the trio considered to be some of the brightest players in the club’s academy the future is certainly exciting for United supporters.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Uncategorized

Juventus issue Cristiano Ronaldo transfer update amid Manchester United and Man City links

Published

on

Cristiano Ronaldo has been linked with a move away from Juventus, with both Man United and Manchester City said to be interested in signing him.

Cristiano Ronaldo will not be returning to Manchester this summer, Juventus have confirmed.

Ronaldo has a year left on his Juventus contract and has been heavily linked with an exit this year. Juventus were said to be keen to sell Ronaldo if a deal could be agreed, leading to inevitable speculation over a return to Manchester United.

In recent days, Manchester City had been linked with a move for Ronaldo, despite his previous comments that it would be ‘very difficult’ for him to play for United’s huge rivals.

Part of the talk of a surprise move to City comes from the ongoing links suggesting that Juventus want Gabriel Jesus. It’s been said that Juve have made Jesus their top priority, so it was to be expected that talk of a part-exchange would be suggested in the Italian media.

However, City have their sights set firmly on Harry Kane, while there is also interest in Jack Grealish. Signing a 36-year-old Ronaldo would go against their usual recruitment policy. Similarly with United, having signed Jadon Sancho, they are well-stocked in the forward positions, and signing a defender is the next priority.

Even still, until Ronaldo’s future was resolved, the links were bound to continue, so perhaps both clubs will be relieved to read comments from Juve vice-president Pavel Nedved.

Ronaldo’s contract in Turin expires next year

Cut through the noise by getting the day’s biggest stories sent direct to your inboxClick hereWe use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time.More info

Cristiano Ronaldo will not be returning to Manchester this summer, Juventus have confirmed.

Ronaldo has a year left on his Juventus contract and has been heavily linked with an exit this year. Juventus were said to be keen to sell Ronaldo if a deal could be agreed, leading to inevitable speculation over a return to Manchester United.

In recent days, Manchester City had been linked with a move for Ronaldo, despite his previous comments that it would be ‘very difficult’ for him to play for United’s huge rivals.

Part of the talk of a surprise move to City comes from the ongoing links suggesting that Juventus want Gabriel Jesus. It’s been said that Juve have made Jesus their top priority, so it was to be expected that talk of a part-exchange would be suggested in the Italian media.

RELATED ARTICLES

However, City have their sights set firmly on Harry Kane, while there is also interest in Jack Grealish. Signing a 36-year-old Ronaldo would go against their usual recruitment policy. Similarly with United, having signed Jadon Sancho, they are well-stocked in the forward positions, and signing a defender is the next priority.

Even still, until Ronaldo’s future was resolved, the links were bound to continue, so perhaps both clubs will be relieved to read comments from Juve vice-president Pavel Nedved.If 1,2 Or 3 Games Cut You, You Can Still Get Paid. Get Your Free Bet And Up To 130% Welcome BonusMSportSponsored Link by Taboolahttps://get-latest.convrse.media/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.manchestereveningnews.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Ftransfer-news%2Fronaldo-united-city-transfer-juventus-21139094%3Futm_source%3Dmen_newsletter%26utm_campaign%3Dmufc_newsletter2%26utm_medium%3Demail&cre=mr-bottom&cip=1&view=web

“Ronaldo will return to training on Monday and he will stay with us,” Nedved told Sky Sport Italia (via AS ).

Nedved also offered an update on Paulo Dybala’s future, with the striker also the subject of various reports suggesting he could leave Turin.

He said: “[Director Federico] Cherubini has already been in contact with his [Dybala’s] agent, who will arrive in Turin next week. We are in good time to get the situation resolved, it’s not a problem.”

Continue Reading

Chelsea Fc

What Thomas Tuchel told the 28 Chelsea players who returned to Cobham for pre-season

Published

on

Chelsea began their preparations for the 2021/22 campaign in earnest yesterday as 28 players took to the training pitches at Cobham for the first session of pre-season.

The group was largely a mix of senior stars who didn’t represent their countries at major tournaments this summer – such as Christian Pulisic, Hakim Ziyech and Edouard Mendy – and returning loanees, including Marc Guehi, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Conor Gallagher, Armando Broja.

But the likes of Charly Musonda and Dujon Sterling, who have overcome serious injuries and illness over the past 18 months, were also involved while young goalkeeper Lucas Bergstrom was included in the makeshift squad.

PROMOTED STORIES

The session was a light one. The players undertook a few stretches, light jogging, and some ball work. The first double session of the summer will take place today as Thomas Tuchel begins to seriously evaluate the group

The Chelsea head coach returned to Cobham last week and football.london understands the club hierarchy are prepared to let the 47-year-old run the rule over several players before decisions are taken on their long-term futures.

That will give forgotten big-money signings such as Davide Zappacosta, Tiemoue Bakayoko, Ross Barkley and Danny Drinkwater one final opportunity to save their Chelsea careers.

PROMOTED STORIES

For countless academy graduates who starred out on loan, it’s an opportunity to impress Tuchel and earn a place in the senior set-up for the season ahead, one in which Chelsea will compete in six different competitions and potentially play in more than 60 matches.

Tuchel will not get to work with his full first-team squad until the start of next month: Mason Mount, Reece James, Ben Chilwell, Jorginho, Emerson and Thiago Silva have the next three weeks off having reached the finals of the European Championship and Copa America respectively.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Manchester United are in unfamiliar territory with Jesse Lingard and must take advantage

Published

on

Manchester United must be delighted with Jesse Lingard’s recent form.

Not because there is a future for him at Old Trafford, but because they can actually get a decent fee this summer.


United have a habit of selling players on the cheap – or losing them for nothing – and it has been a while since the Red Devils actually did a good deal for a departing star.

The problem for United is that, too often, their players are on big wages and long-term deals. That makes selling them on tough, especially when they are underperforming or unseen like Andreas Pereira and Phil Jones respectively.

While Pereira has struggled on loan, Lingard has seized his chance with both hands. He is a player reborn at West Ham and the Hammers will surely want to keep him for the long term. If so, that will be music to United’s ears.

For once, they can get a good price for one of their players and they cannot waste this chance.

Continue Reading

Trending